Acne is a condition of skin, which occurs when the oil glands in body secrete excessive oil. In this condition, the secreted oil is trapped in barricaded oil ducts. This results in pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads on the skin’s surface.
A few people have clear and acne free skin, whereas many suffer from the condition and look for ways to stop acne. Some of the ways to stop acne are as follows:
- Individuals may stop acne, if they avoid touching their face with hands. This is because touching the skin frequently causes bacteria and infection. Moreover, individuals need to avoid squeezing or scratching the acne, as it can lead to scars.
- Buy a face wash, medicated or natural soap having antibacterial properties. People suffering from acne may wash their faces gently and carefully, as some face wash contain micro abrasion agent. Next, scrubbing or rubbing may damage the skin. Antibacterial soaps clean the skin, kill the bacteria accumulated in the pores and assist to heal acne.
- It is important to look for some kind of professional help from a dermatologist if the acne spreads in large areas and shows no result even after regular personal hygiene.
If a person is looking forward to treat acne, he/she can consider the following tips for acne skin care.
- Avoid consuming foods such as peanuts and potatoes that have high glycemic content.
- Drink plenty of water to heal acne, as it flushes harmful chemicals from the body thus helping to get back clear skin.
- Gently rub the face with talc meant for babies twice a day, as it dries dark spots.
- Finally, exercising is the best way for acne skin care, as it relieves stress.